With Inspiration Week recently ending on SSBlog, I was inspired to take a Real Simple recipe and make it even simpler.
The original recipe can be found here. Stephanie’s version can be found below.
- 1 box of a wheat noodle. Real Simple suggested rigatoni.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella balls
- 7 oz. (1 package) of pre-made pesto.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper, cook on Foreman Grill (not to be confused with the Tyson vacuum) for 10 minutes (follow directions for your specific model).
- While chicken is cooking, boil water, cook pasta, and drain. Put pasta back into pot.
- Chop chicken, add to pasta.
- Stir pesto sauce, kalamata olives, and mozzarella balls into pot and stir.
PS. This meal is delicious as leftovers as when you warm it up, the mozzarella balls melt even more than the first night. Who doesn’t love melted cheese?
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it!
16 thoughts on “Pesto Chicken Pasta”
YUM! I love these ingredients and can easily imagine it is delicious. I want to give this a try. Thanks so much for sharing! Cheers 🙂
I made this for dinner tonight and holy bananas it’s good! Like nom nom nom scrumptiousness. I didn’t use olives (can’t stand ’em), but it was sooo darn yummy. Thanks a million for sharing!!!
Holy bananas eh? May be a new addition to my holy mashed potatoes and hot gravy… 🙂 I am psyched that you tried it AND loved it!!! Yay for simple and yummy meals. 🙂
Boy, that does look and sound really good. I might try that tonight.
Please let me know what you think if you do! I always love to hear the feedback. 🙂
I’ve nominated you for the “Very Inspiring Blogger” award! Check out my post http://notsoskinnygenes.com/2012/08/28/accolades-and-praise/ to collect your award! 😉
You’re such a doll! Your compliments are incredible, I cannot thank you enough.
Looks great! Thanks for stopping by my blog.
This may be my new favorite word. I may have to steal it from you, lol!
fell free……it is kinda cool
Just ate my lunch and this made me hungry again!
I know…it’s that food-porn! Gets you every time…
Yum yum yum! Mmm carbs 😉
LOL! You and I both. When in doubt, eat carbs. Then collapse onto couch like a potato.