Tomorrow marks the start of Lent, meaning the start of Friday menus consisting of mac & cheese, PB&J, and fish sandwiches. Yum…
I thought I would share a few recipe options to spice up the meatless mundaneness. First up, Spinach Enchiladas:
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 6 ounces Cheddar, grated (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 4.5-ounce cans chopped green chilies
- 1 cup heavy cream
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a medium bowl, mix together the spinach, corn, 1 cup of the Cheddar, and 1 can of the chilies. In a small bowl, stir together the cream, the remaining can of chilies, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Dividing evenly, roll up the spinach mixture in the tortillas (about ⅓ cup per tortilla). Place seam-side down in a shallow baking dish. Top with the cream sauce and the remaining ½ cup of Cheddar. Cover with foil and bake until bubbling, 15 to 20 minutes. Uncover and bake until golden, 10 to 15 minutes more.
6 thoughts on “Lent Meal Ideas”
Yes. I was just asking my hubby what in the world do we do each lent.
I do love a good PB&J but yes new is good.
Stay tuned for “Burn Your House Down Eggplant Parmesan,” that I made tonight. The good news is, the house is still standing. The bad news is I really did have smoking eggplant…still tasted delicious! Lol!
Lol. Been there !
Can’t wait for more recipes
This sounds delicious!