Like all good recipes, I looked for something that was healthy, easy to make, and didn’t take a lot of time. When stumbled across a Real Simple recipe for Shrimp Tacos, I decided to give it a try. Like usual, I have tweaked Real Simple’s version to make it even simpler. Below is Stephanie style shrimp tacos. For the original recipe, click here.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 limes, cut into quarters
- kosher salt
- 8 six-inch wheat tortillas
- 2 to 3 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- bottled green tomatillo salsa
- Cook shrimp. Real Simple says to grill it. I didn’t feel like grilling so I boiled the shrimp. If grilling, brush the shrimp with the combined butter and garlic sauce prior to grilling.
- While shrimp cook, in a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, milk, and cumin. Set aside.
- If boiling shrimp, brush the cooked shrimp with the combined garlic butter sauce after draining them.
- Lightly salt cooked shrimp.
- Warm tortillas. I microwaved them for 30 seconds.
- Divide shrimp evenly among the tortillas. Top with the cabbage, sour cream sauce, tomatillo salsa, and a squeeze of lime.
Serve with a side dish of your choice! I used Mexican rice. Enjoy!