If you’re wondering if I borrowed this recipe, then you would be correct. Like a good borrower though, I will site my source of… Walmart. No joke. I was standing in the checkout line in one of the “fancy” Walmart’s complete with TVs in the checkout lanes, and there was a quick commercial for a Greek salad. It looked amazing, so I went home, found the recipe, made some minor tweaks and voila, a Walmart masterpiece was born.
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large red tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 cucumber, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup of diced red onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (do not use over 1/2 cup!)
- 20 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced in half
- 2 bags of ready-to-eat salad, romaine lettuce
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- In a large salad bowl, mix the oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, and pepper with a fork.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, parsley, and olives. Toss to mix well. If you have time, let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Add greens and feta and toss again.
- Plate and eat!