For the longest time, I have called my poor mother every.single.time I make meatloaf to get her recipe. After calling her today for the 437th time, I decided I’m officially writing it down and sharing it with you!
I don’t know about you, but I love me some good meatloaf. I hate to brag, but nobody makes meatloaf like my Mama! So without further adieu…
- 1 pound ground beef (lowest amount of fat)
- 1 pound ground pork (lowest amount of fat)
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 package of French Onion Soup mix (Lipton’s, according to Mom)
- 2 eggs
- Breadcrumbs…enough to make it it not stick to a wall, should you throw a lump at it (also according to mom)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a meatloaf pan with Pam.
- Mix the ground beef and pork together with eggs, can of Cream of Mushroom soup, and package of French Onion Soup mix. Add breadcrumbs in small amounts and mix until the consistency is sticky enough to make a meatball, but not sticky enough to stick to a wall if you throw it at it (this is verbatim, per Mom).
- Put meatloaf in pan and cook for 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Drizzle ketchup across the top prior to serving if desired.
This meatloaf is amazing, just like my Mom….aweeeee!!!! Enjoy!